Wingspan is committed to offering the highest level of security and confidentiality when it comes to your data. Wingspan never sells or distributes your data to third parties. To further that commitment, Wingspan partners with some of the most trusted names in financial technology, such as Plaid and Stripe. As well as hardening security points in the following ways:
- Wingspan is HIPAA, SOC 2, and PCI compliant.
- Wingspan systems distinguish between different data sensitivity levels and adds additional layers of security accordingly.
- All data is replicated and backed up continuously.
- Privacy and security training: All Wingspan employees are trained and certified in data handling best practices.
- Best-in-class encryption: All Wingspan services and data are protected with bank-level encryption in transit (using TLS 1.2 and above) and at rest (provided by GCP)
Wingspan requests personal information to issue 1099 forms and to remain in compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering Act (AML) banking regulations.
Part of the information that Wingspan requests is your Social Security Number. This information is required as part of Wingspan’s identity verification policies in which Wingspan collects, verifies, and maintains information on the individuals associated with every Wingspan account. This is required by our regulators, customers, and partners.
In some cases, the Wingspan payment processor might require additional verification documents in order to prove your identity. You might be prompted to upload one or more of the following documents to Wingspan’s secure document vault.
- A driver’s license or state ID
- The title page of your passport
- Certificate of Incorporation
- EIN (Employer Identification Number) Confirmation
- Social Security Card
The banking information that you provide is used to connect your bank accounts with the Wingspan Payments system so that funds can be deposited when a client completes an invoice, or to withdraw funds when paying for goods or services. Additionally, Wingspan uses your banking and personal information to generate W-9 and 1099 forms,
If you prefer, you can sign up for Wingspan Wallet. Wingspan Wallet is an optional and free bank account and debit card for your business that is hosted by Wingspan. You can choose how much of your income to set aside in your Wingspan Wallet, and how much you would like to deposit to your bank account. There are several benefits to the Wingspan Wallet:
- Receive your payments 1-2 days sooner.
- Linked with Wingspan Bookkeeping, it automatically processes write-offs for business expenses.
- No account, transaction, minimum balance, or hidden fees.
- Unlimited ACH and wire transfers for free.
- Fee-free cash deposits and withdrawals at 40,000 ATMs nationwide.
Instantly receive funds to a supported debit card as soon as the funds are received. Income typically appears in the associated bank account within 30 minutes. Instant payouts cost 1% of the payout amount, with a minimum fee of $0.50. Most U.S. banks issue debit cards that are compatible with Instant Payouts.
Updated 4 months ago