Limitations of 1099-NEC Filing Support at Wingspan

Limitations of Our Service

While we aim to cover a broad range of needs, the following are areas where our current services do not extend:

  • 1099-NEC Only: We exclusively support 1099-NEC forms. Other 1099 forms are not within our service range.
  • Backup Withholding Wingspan does not support Form 1099 filings that report non-zero federal income tax withholding or state tax withholding dollar amounts.
  • U.S. Contractors Only: Services are limited to U.S. tax filings. International tax forms, including the Canadian T4A, aren't supported.
  • No International Mailing: Wingspan does not provide international mailing services for 1099 forms. All mailing services are confined to addresses within the United States.
  • Specific Exclusions for 1099-NEC: Wingspan's support for 1099-NEC filings does not extend to certain edge cases. These include, but are not limited to, requirements such as filing for law firms even if they are incorporated, complex payment structures that do not fit standard contractor arrangements, or special circumstances involving agricultural or fishing payments. Our platform is not equipped to handle these nuanced scenarios, which often require specialized handling and reporting.
  • SSN and EIN Acceptance: Our system is set up for Social Security Numbers (SSN) and Employer Identification Numbers (EIN). Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) aren't supported.
  • Specific Exclusions: Certain filing scenarios, like those for legal services, are beyond our scope.
  • Entity Changes During the Year: Wingspan does not support scenarios involving mid-year entity changes. In cases where payments need to be split across two entities within the same year, a correction will be necessary to accurately reflect these separate payments.
  • Multi-State Filings: Wingspan does not support Form 1099 filings that report to multiple states.
  • U.S. Only Payers: We only support payers with a U.S. address and EIN.

Need Alternatives?

If your needs fall outside what we offer, here’s what you can do:

  • Seek a Tax Expert: For complex or unique scenarios, a tax professional is your best bet.
  • State Tax Help: For state-specific tax queries, reach out to your local tax agency.